Assam’s Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launches CMSGUY in Guwahati
- The Chief Minister of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal launched the Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY) in Guwahati, Assam.
- The scheme is a mega mission with financial expenditure amounting to about Rs 30,000 Cr.
- It aims to bring a revolutionary change by doubling farm income in the state.
- It will be implemented in all of the state’s villages.
- The scheme is expected to conclude by 2021-22.
Apple will make iPhones in India at Bengaluru: Karnataka
- Apple will assemble iPhones at a facility near Bengaluru
- No timeline has been provided, but production is expected to begin in June
China Tested new Ballistic Missile Dongfeng-5C With 10 Nuke Warheads
- China has reportedly tested a new version of a missile that can carry up to 10 nuclear warheads.
- DF-5, an intercontinental ballistic missile, first went into service in early 1980’s.
- The test of the inert warheads was monitored closely by US intelligence agencies, said two officials familiar with reports of the missile test.
Intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM)
- An intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) is a guidedballistic missile with a minimum range of 5,500 kilometres (3,400 mi) primarily designed for nuclear weapons delivery.
Sanjeev Sanyal appointed Principal Economic Adviser in FinMin.
- Sanjeev Sanyal, has been appointed principal as Principal economic adviser in department of Economic affairs.
- A Rhodes Scholar with a degree in Economics from Oxford and an alumnus of Delhi’s Sriram College.
- In 2007, Sanyal was awarded the Eisenhower Fellowship for his work on urban issues and was also honoured by the Singapore government at the World Cities Summit 2014.
- he is also best selling author many books. His best-selling books including his latest ‘The Ocean of Churn: How Indian Ocean shaped India’s history’, ‘The Indian Renaissance: India’s Rise after a Thousand Years of Decline’, and ‘Land of the Seven Rivers: A Brief History of India’s Geography’ trace India’s evolution as a country since the Indus valley civilisation days and the role of globalisation has played in the process.
Vikram Limaye, MD of IDFC, named new MD & CEO of NSE
- The National Stock Exchange (NSE), India’s largest stock exchange named Vikram Limaye, Managing Director of IDFC, as the new Managing Director and CEO.
- The board of directors of NSE, chaired by former finance secretary Ashok Chawla, cleared the decision.
Sports Minister Vijay Goel lays foundation stone of Center of Excellence for Para Sports
- Sports Minister Vijay Goel, laid the foundation stone of the Center of Excellence for Para Sports Gandhinagar, which will be the first ever training facility in the country dedicated to para athletes.
- The Center of Excellence is being set up at an estimated budget of over Rs 50 crores.