ROAD TO SBI PO – ENGLISH IS THE KEY to success for Both PRE AND MAINS
Goodevening friends.. with Sbi Po lined up next you all might be busy in burning the mid night oil. While preparing for the exam you must understand one basic thing that you have to do it step by step and your first ladder is the prelims exam. Here sunshine is providing some basic error questions based on the prelims pattern. Once you people are fully equipped for the pre we will start providing you with the mains stuff as well.
Directions- In each of the sentences some error is given, you have to find out that error and mark it as your answer. If the sentence is logically correct mark no error as your answer.
- The only book (1) / which you have purchased (2) / today is in (3) / demand now-a-days. (4) / no error (5).
- The candidates (1) / who we have (2) / selected are (3) / smart, young and ambitious (4) / no error (5).
- The headmaster advised the student (1) / who had failed in the examination twice (2) / that not to attempt it again (3) / until he had time to prepare for it properly. (4) / no error (5).
- He reminded (1) / me that he has often (2) / told me not to play (3) / with fire. (4) / no error (5).
- The doors (1) / of this classroom (2) / are larger than (3) / that of that. (4) / no error (5).
- They made regular (1) / visits to Gujarat towns and villages (2) / and helped finding (3) / branches of the league. (4) / no error (5).
- Gandhiji stressed the positive affect (1) / that the struggles against (2) / untouchability would have (3) / on the communal and other questions. (4) / no error (5).
- The warm nostalgia these (1) / great champions evoked (2) / was accompanied with the thrill (3) / of the unexpected. (4) / no error (5).
- The U.S. government has every right (1) / to decide how to allocate its (2) / foreign aid and if present one is (3) against the use of tax dollars to promote abortion. (4) / no error (5).
- The appointment of Army Commanders (1) / has a direct bearing on the selection of the Chief, as (2) / service chiefs are (3) / selected within them. (4) / no error (5).
ANSWERS WITH EXPLAINATIONS
- (2) which you have purchased.
EXPLAINATION- use that instead of which.
- (2) who we have.
EXPLAINATION – Use whom instead of who.
- (3) that not to attempt it again.
EXPLAINATION – that is of no use. Should be eliminated.
- (2) me that he has often.
EXPLAINATION – use had not has.
- (4) that of that.
EXPLAINATION – use those instead of that.
- (3) and helped finding.
EXPLAINATION – found is correct word.
- (1) Gandhiji stressed the positive affect.
EXPLAINATION – replace affect with impact.
- (3) was accompanied with the thrill
EXPLAINATION – accompanied is always followed ‘ by’ .
- (5) no error.
- (4) selected within them.
EXPLAINATION – selected from amongst them.