INSTRUCTIONS- Each of the following sentences are given with certain blanks. Fill in the blanks making the sentences grammatically correct.
Question 1- Queues _______ banks have eased, but the ________ withdrawal limits haven’t _______ lifted. Lucky draws ________ won’t suffice the cause.
- In , weekning , being , more.
- At , week end , brought , alone.
- At , weekly , been , alone.
- Along , weekly , being , alone.
Question .- The RBI Governor _________ that counting of the notes ___________, making it _________ that this _______ was a mammoth task.
- Said , had been continuing , look , in it.
- Continued , was going , illustrate , itself.
- Cheered , is being continuing , appear , within it.
- Maintained , was continuing , appear , itself.
Question 3– The Labour Minister _________ a fourfold _________ in the threshold limit ______ tax deduction on provident fund withdrawals, from the _________ 50,000 to 2 lakhs.
- Has called, impetus , for , present.
- Had sought , rise , to , current.
- Has sought , increase , for , existing.
- Have been calling , increase , in , current.
Question 4- Several studies show long term ________ of a ______ deterioration in air quality _______ many countries in South Asia , denominated by India is today among the ________ places to live.
- Examples, constant , from , good.
- Evidence , steady , in , worst.
- Substitutes , steady , of , best,
- Witness , regular , of , bad.
Question 5- On the health front, it is _______________ that in the most polluted cities, even moderate physical activity ________ prove harmful, _______ than be beneficial, as new research _________.
- A point of content , may , not , proves.
- A moot point, would , other , shows.
- A matter of concern , could , rather, indicates.
- An important issue , may , rather , hints.
Question 1. (3)
Question 2. (4)
Question 3. (3)
Question 4. (2)
Question 5. (3)