hello guys… Sunshine is here with some basic rules of English keeping in mind the time constraint you people are having these days. I have clubbed some very basic yet important points which many of you miss a lot many times while attempting the English section, specially the ERROR QUESTIONS. The important point has been highlighted in bold in order to make it easy to read.
|CORRECT PHRASE||INCORRECT PHRASE|
|stand by you||stand with you|
|word for word||word by word|
|hindi into english||hindi to english|
|good at subject||good in subject|
|on the way||in the way|
|nothing else but||nothing else then|
|do what is necessary||do the needful|
|speaking terms||talking terms|
|piece of advice||piece of advise|
|brick / stone||bricks / stones|
|no sooner than||no sooner then|
|compensate for it||compensate it|
SOME COMMONLY MISTAKEN PHRASES AND SENTENCES
- FALSE- Who does scuffles with you?
TRUE- Who scuffles with you?
- FALSE- congratulation for your success
TRUE- congratulation on your success
- FALSE- there is no space here
TRUE- there is no room here.
- FALSE- he is my cousin brother.
TRUE- he is my cousin.
- FALSE – I like The Basmati Rice
TRUE- I like Basmati Rice.
- FALSE- Basmati of Dehradun is famous.
TRUE- The Basmati of Dehradun is famous.
- FALSE- to tell the truth
TRUE- speak the truth
- FALSE- he is one of my bestfriend.
TRUE- he is one of my bestfriends.
- FALSE- He is a heir to the throne.
True- He is an heir to the throne.
- FALSE- the chair’s leg got broken yesterday.
TRUE- the leg of chair got broken yesterday.