hello friends, hereby we bring you to tough quants questions mainly percentage based as per ipbs, sbi po, rbi new patterns.
1) 30% of the men are more than 25 years old and 80% of the men are less than or equal to 50 years old. 20% of all men play football. If 20% of the men above the age of 50 play football, what percentage of the football players are less than or equal to 50 years?
2. Arun got 30% of the maximum marks in an examination and failed by 10 marks. However, Sujith who took the same examination got 40% of the total marks and got 15 marks more than the passing marks. What were the passing marks in the examination?
3. Q as a percentage of P is equal to P as a percentage of (P + Q). Find Q as a percentage of P.
4. On my sister’s 15th birthday, her height was 159 cm, having grown 6% since the year before. How tall was she in the previous year?
A. 150 cm
B. 140 cm
C. 142 cm
D. 154 cm
5. merchant can buy goods at the rate of Rs. 20 per good. The particular good is part of an overall collection and the value is linked to the number of items that are already on the market. So, the merchant sells the first good for Rs. 2, second one for Rs. 4, third for Rs. 6…and so on. If he wants to make an overall profit of at least 40%, what is the minimum number of goods he should sell?
6. A earns 25% more than B. C earns 25% more than A. A earns 20% more than D. E earns 20% more than A. A, B, C, D, and E earn integer amounts less than Rs. 100. What is the total amount earned by all five of them put together?
7. A is x% more than B and is x% of sum of A and B. What is the value of x?
8. In a class, if 50% of the boys were girls, then there would be 50% more girls than boys. What percentage of the overall class is girls?
9. Traders A and B buy two goods for Rs. 1000 and Rs. 2000 respectively. Trader A marks his goods up by x%, while trader B marks his goods up by 2x% and offers a discount of x%. If both make the same non-zero profit, find x.
10. A two digit number ab is 60% of x. The two-digit number formed by reversing the digits of ab is 60% more than x. Find x.